- I love to travel and I am a self proclaimed beach bum.
- I am a mom to two sweet boys.
- I love my dog, Scout. He's a rescue dog and he's the best!
- My favorite spot to read is at the beach.
- I originally started this blog as part of my professional development plan as an English teacher in order to keep up on the books that my students and I read. It ended up being such a worthwhile experience that I stuck with it.
- I have been blogging since December of 2009. Some of my book recommendations have been featured in magazines, such as Woman's World.
- I am a Pennsylvania certified teacher. My certifications include: Middle School English Language Arts as well as English Language, Literature, and Composition 7-12. Also, I am a certified Reading Specialist K-12.
- I have my Master's degree in Education with Reading Specialist certification.
- I participated in Independent Bookstore Day as a featured blogger at Chester County Book Company. They had a display of my latest recommendations.
- Also, I had the opportunity to interview Jenny Han in front of a live audience...truly a dream come true!
- Feel free to email me at Chris327@mac.com if you have any questions or connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by!
|At Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland, which is home to The Long Room. It's the most beautiful library I have ever seen!|
|Here I am at Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park on the Big Island of Hawaii.|
I am at "Mark Twain's Rock," which is the rock he wrote about in his "Letters From Hawaii."
|Here I am visiting Highclere Castle (home to Downton Abbey) in Hampshire, England. I had the opportunity to meet The Countess of Carnarvon. She has written a few books about Highclere Castle and the real Downton Abbey. I was also able to attend cocktail hour in the library (*swoon*) and tour the castle. |
|My featured blogger display for Independent Bookstore Day at Chester County Books|
|In this picture, I am visiting Jane Austen's house in Chawton, England. It is here where she revised Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. She also wrote Mansfield Park, Emma and Persuasion here.|| |